Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning

From: Torsten Anders
Subject: Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:58:49 +0100

Dear Hans,

Thank you for your careful checking of this file.

On 26.09.2009, at 21:58, Hans Aberg wrote:

On 26 Sep 2009, at 22:26, Torsten Anders wrote:

For the record please find the final version of the code for
Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond attached, ...

My editor says that the encoding of HE-Lily-header.ly isn't UTF-8,
but Mac OS Roman.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have any trouble reading this file? Its content is pure ASCII.

Line 169 has spurious character <A7> at the end. Looks like:
 %% show the markup extend as box (for debugging)ß

Oops. Actually, I read this char as §, but it is certainly not necessary there. Anyway, it is a comment. Do you have any problems running Lilypond with this file?

Seemingly, Aquamacs saves default files into Mac OS Roman, but there
shouldn't be any character in the file for which that actually
matters. Of course, line endings are in UNIX convention instead of
windows.

I use Xcode when ensuring pure text files in UTF-8 without metadata.

I see. I would not have expected Emacs/Aquamacs having any problems saving plain text files...

Best
Torsten

 Hans