Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:36:16 +0800

Hans Aberg wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I recall that: LilyPond has more than one glyph-finding model. That was a problem with the key signatures, I think, which could not use those from external fonts.

Lilypond has one glyph-finding model for accidentals, and the hooks to allow us to override it. All kinds of things are cumbersome or don't work when we do so. Grace notes are another one I noticed. But at least it's now fairly straightforward to get accidentals from arbitrary fonts -- with alternative tunings -- where it was basically impossible before the pitch model was changed.

                  Graham