Re: command-line usage - bus error

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: command-line usage - bus error
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:43:13 +0200

On 26.09.2009, at 15:16, Patrick Schmidt wrote:

Just to be sure, have you deleted the ~/.fontconfig, and
~/.fonts.cache* files (again)
I wanted to do that (again) but I didn't find them in ~/ even though I made them visible.

Well, if you're not finding them, then it probably means that they aren't there. But the easiest way to check is, in Terminal.app type 'ls -A ~'

and (optionally) changed Font Book to
store fonts on the computer, and not the user? That solved all of my
font problems. Those font caches sometimes need a little help.
What's that Font Book? Where do I find it and what do I have to change?
Font Book.app is in the applications folder, and it's one of the preferences for the app, that fonts are stored at the global level (computer) or local level, (user). I found global works better.

Thanks for your help & patience!
patrick

No worries!

James E. Bailey