Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:26:18 +0800

Stefan Thomas wrote:

   1. The new accidentals are also played via midi, which is great. But not,
   when different accidentals are in a chord. Is there a possibilitie to change
   this?

Yeah, you have to split it into separate contrapuntal lines. I've used a contraption of include files so that I can run Lilypond differently to get MIDI and score output. For MIDI you need each line on a different channel (it's in the documentation, a snippet I think). For the score you need to bring the different lines into the same voice so that chords look like chords.

I don't remember the details, but it's all in my Tripod code.

It would be nice to use MIDI Tuning Standard messages instead of pitch bends. Maybe I could sort that out with a post processor but I haven't because I'm lazy.

   2. How can I define the accidental-style neo-modern for the whole score?

Dunno about that.

                   Graham