Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:32:37 +0200 (MESZ)

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

The MIDI file examples that Laura is using (she mailed them to me)
contain Bb/A# notes but do not contain (a correct) Key Signature MIDI
Meta Event. In MIDI there is no simple way to see the difference between
A# and Bb (It's just a note number) ...
if such a Key Signature MIDI Meta
Event is not present or is simply giving a default "C Major".

That's why midi2ly has a "--key=..." commandline option. Unfortunately
this option is not working ( The commandline key-signature is
overwritten by the one in the MIDI meta events). I'm looking into it to
solve this problem.

NtEd has such a "--key=..." option implicitely! Assume because of the missing
key
signature NtEd recognizes:

   either:

      A# C D D# F G A A#

   or

      Bb C D Eb F G A Bb

Click the staff not too close to a measure bar! The staff config dialog
appears. Make sure the "adjust notes" is checked (default) and
select "B flat Major;g minor" and press OK!

In both cases you get a Bb signature at the beginning of the staff
and the scale without signs. Note! If NtEd recognizes:

       A# C D D# F G A A#

NtEd corrects also the lines: A# --> Bb; D# --> Eb

I can't see any problem here.

--
J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik