Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:21:38 -0400

    Joerg> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Laura Conrad wrote:
    >> I didn't find that with my sample -- it was the only one of the
    >> programs that didn't split the voices out correctly.  There should be
    >> 5 separate voices, and nted created only 3.

    >> From where do you know there are 5 voices? Or do you mean
    >> staves ?

I mean it's a five part piece. I need to print the parts either on
separate pages or separate staves.  Even someone who was doing a piano
reduction wouldn't want the lilypond to notate them as chords, the way
nted does.

    Joerg> Which version of nted we are speaking about ?

1.4.17 as packaged on Ubuntu 9.4.

    >> The version I saved hadn't
    >> spelled the flats right, either, but I think I might have fixed that
    >> later.

    Joerg> Could you please tell us what is misspelled ? Is it really
    Joerg> the "bes" instead "Bb" ?

No, it's ais instead of bes.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

>From a pound of iron worth a few pennies can be made many thousand
watch-springs, which are worth hundreds of thousands. Put to good use
the pound that God has given you.

Robert Schumann, Preface to 'Album für die Jugend'