Re: tieDown < -- > repeatTie

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: tieDown < -- > repeatTie
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:51:10 -0400

Hi Roland,

Using \voiceTwo to set stems, ties and dots to go down/under works on \repeatTie in 2.13.4. Interestingly, with \voiceTwo in force, \tieUp affects everything but the \repeatTie.

Try:

\version "2.12"

ties = {
 \relative c'{
   \voiceTwo
   %\stemDown
   %\tieDown
   %\tieUp
   c4 c c c~ c1 \bar "||"
   c4 \repeatTie c c c~ c1 \bar "|."

\score {
 \ties
}

Hope that fixes it for you. See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Multiple-voices#Multiple-voices regarding how to automatically control item placement (stems, slurs, etc.) using the \voiceXxx commands.

David

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hi,

\version 2.12.2

if I use \stemDown for the lower voice in one staff, the ties
automatically show up, and normaly this is fine.
In some situations, however, I want to have them showing down, too.

This is possible with \tieDown, but this doesn't have any effect to a
\repeatTie.

How can I make a \repeatTie also show down, if the stems show down?

Thanks for any hint!

Best Regards           Roland