Re: Problem with staffs and lyrics

From: Jorge Pena
Subject: Re: Problem with staffs and lyrics
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:48:04 +0100

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
Xavier Scheuer a écrit :
> Removing "\key d \major" from "melodyBII" solves the problem.

Oops, that removed the "strange spacing after the double bar in the
second line", but also the key signature in Staff "two"
(I saw it just after having sent the mail).

This should do the right trick :
Replace the "\new Staff = two [...]" by

\new Staff = "two" \with {
 \remove Time_signature_engraver  % to remove the "C" from the Staff
}
 <<
   \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
% to remove the "strange spacing" at the end of previous line
   \new Voice = "partBII" \melodyBII

Hope now it's OK.

Xavier

Thanks, it solved the spacing problem, and I now understand the problem. Also Francisco Vila helped me with that and the lyrics positioning part, so I achieved my goal.

Thanks everyone.

--
Jorge Pena