Wrong stem direction in first measure with appoggiatura

From: Nick Didkovsky
Subject: Wrong stem direction in first measure with appoggiatura
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:14:14 -0400

Hello

Stems are going the wrong direction on the first measure of a score when a grace note is present. Subsequent measures do not show this problem.

The score: I have two identical measures. Each staff has two voices: notes are in the top voice and an invisible rest in the bottom voice. The first note of each measure has an appoggiatura. The problem: The first measure displays stems going down when they should be going up. Second measure (and subsequent measures if I make a longer score) show stems going in the proper direction. So this problem is limited to the first measure of the score.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
Nick Didkovsky

\version "2.10.0"
% Created by: Java Music Specification Language, BUILD 20090919
% Creation date: Tue Sep 29 10:06:37 EDT 2009
% JMSL to LilyPond converter by Nick Didkovsky, (c) 2006 Nick Didkovsky
% visit www.algomusic.com and www.lilypond.org

% Staff 1

"WrongStemDirWithGraceNoteStaffAA" = {
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-size = #-1
\override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"New Century Schoolbook"
\override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-shape = #'bold
\override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-size = #+1

% Measure 1
\override Score.MetronomeMark #'padding = #4.5
\tempo 4=60
\key c \major

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()

\time 4/4

\clef treble
<<  {
\appoggiatura c''8