Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday 30 May 2009 10:23:31 pm Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >  shortest note playing here.")
> >       (shortest-starter-duration ,ly:moment? "The duration of the
> >  shortest note that starts here.")
> > +     (hide-tied-accidental-after-break ,boolean? "If set, an accidental
> > +that appears on a tied note after a line break will not be displayed")
> >       (side-axis ,number? "If the value is @code{#X} (or
> >  address@hidden@code{0}), the object is placed horizontally next to
> >  the other object.  If the value is @code{#Y} address@hidden@code{1}, it is
>
> Joe, items in define-grob-properties.scm are sorted alphabetically.
> Please move it to the right location.

Oops, I had originally named it show-tied-accidental-after-break.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe,
     I have a quick question about this property you've added (which is
wonderful, btw):
1) Should tied accidentals after line breaks be suppressed by default?
I've looked through some scores, and even thought there's more examples
than I thought there would be that show tied accidentals after breaks
(mainly orchestral scores, and mainly 20th century pieces from the 70s)
it seems in the vast majority of cases they aren't shown.

On a related note, I like your original property name above, but I guess it
would cause problems to change it now.

-Jonathan