Re: [midi] [articulate] \stopTrillSpan, \staccatissimo, and \appoggiatur

From: Iain Nicol
Subject: Re: [midi] [articulate] \stopTrillSpan, \staccatissimo, and \appoggiatura
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:10:12 +0100

Hi,

[sorry about the earlier double post]

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 12:01 +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:
> Hmm  It should make it d8 c8 -- in Baroque and other early music
> (which is my main area of interest), an appogiatura starts at the
> start of the main note, and takes half its value.  Maybe you want an
> acciaccatura?
We're not in disagreement about what the appoggiatura's meant to do :-).
We both agree that the output from
    \appoggiatura d8 c4
should be like
    d8 c8

However, what happens with the unpatched articulate is instead like
    d16 c8
The new length of the d is half of the old length of the d, not matter
the length of the c.

Thanks,
--
Iain Nicol