SVG improvements

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: SVG improvements
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:24:11 -0700

Hi LilyPond users,

Now that 2.13.5 is out, I'm happy to announce that LilyPond has brand
new SVG output.  Almost every aspect of the output has been modified,
with special care to make sure the SVG is compatible with the SVG 1.1
and SVG 1.2 Tiny recommendations.

You can find extensive information about the SVG output improvements,
bugs, requests, and ideas on the LilyPond wiki:

  http://wiki.lilynet.net/index.php/SVG_backend

Also, you can find some of my testcases here:

  http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/svg/

***

Please report any bugs you find.  But also make sure to check the wiki
first, since many items are already listed there.

Also, feel free to modify the wiki with your ideas, suggestions, etc.  Enjoy!

Thanks,
Patrick