Re: [Fwd: lilypond on eee pc]

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: [Fwd: lilypond on eee pc]
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 13:32:35 +0200

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> I wouldn't be surprised also the Ubuntu people have special support for small
> EeePC netbooks
> with a stripped down distro variant ? And Lilypond is in the standard Ubuntu
> repositories ?

Ubuntu and Kubuntu both come in 'netbook remix' form.  I think that
has more to do with user interface than with size of the install,
but it's worth looking into.

Ubuntu has the stable (2.12) release of Lilypond in its repositories
and I think there is someone who maintains a Launchpad PPA with
the latest 2.13 and other related packages.

Best wishes,

    -- Joe