Midi and Font Questions

From: Br. Athanasius Pelletier O.F.M.I.
Subject: Midi and Font Questions
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:49:20 -0400

I am trying to get lilypond to output midi and .pdf but right now it
only outputs midi and I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Is there also
a way to make the midi play faster without adding any symbols to the
score?

And also I am also doing something wrong with the fonts, because it is
still using Times New Roman (yuck!).  If anyone could take a look and
let me know what I did wrong I would be appreciative.

\version "2.12.1"

flat = \markup { \raise #0.4 \smaller \musicglyph #"accidentals--2" }
sharp = \markup { \raise #0.6 \smaller \musicglyph #"accidentals-2" }
textcodaysym = \markup { \hspace #1 \raise #1.1 \musicglyph
#"scripts-coda"}

#(set-global-staff-size 20)

\header {
        title = "Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty "
        composer = "Reginald Heber, 1826 "
        arranger = "John B. Dykes, 1861 "
}
\paper {
        line-width = 4.5 \in
        paper-width = 5 \in
}

\layout {
  #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Gentium" "Liberation Sans"
"Liberation Mono" (/ 20 20)))
  indent = 0.0
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

StaffA = \relative c' {
        \clef G
        \time 2/4
        \set Staff.midiInstrument = "church organ"

        g'4 g | g g |   % 3
        c b | a2 |   % 5
        g | f4 e |   % 7
        a g | e f |   % 9
        d2 \bar "||" e4 e |   % 11
        e e | a g |   % 13
        g fis! | g a |   % 15
        b c | e, fis! |   % 17
        g2 \bar "||" c4 b |   % 19
        a g | c b |   % 21
        a g | a g |   % 23
        f d | c b |   % 25
        c2
        \bar "|."
}
StaffATextA = \lyricmode {
                \set stanza = "1."
                Praise, my soul, the
                king of heav --
                en; To his
                feet your trib -- ute
                bring; Ran -- somed,
                healed, re -- stored, for --
                giv -- en, Ev -- er --
                more his prais -- es
                sing: Al -- el --
                lu -- ia! Al -- el --
                lu -- ia! Praise the
                ev -- er -- last -- ing
                King. }
StaffATextB = \lyricmode {
                \set stanza = "2."
                Praise him for his
                grace and fa --
                vor to his
                chil -- dren in dis -- tress;
                Praise him still the
                same as ev -- er,
                Slow to chide and
                swift to bless: Al --
                el -- lu -- ia!
                Al -- el -- lu -- ia!
                Glo -- rious in his
                faith -- ful -- ness. _
                _ }
StaffATextC = \lyricmode {
                \set stanza = "3."
                Fa -- ther -- like he
                tends and spares
                us; Well our
                fee -- ble frame he
                knows; In his
                hand he gen -- tly
                bears us, Res -- cues
                us from all our
                foes. Al -- el --
                lu -- ia! Al -- el --
                lu -- ia! Wide -- ly
                yet his mer -- cy
                flows. }
StaffATextD = \lyricmode {
                \set stanza = "4."
                An -- gels, help us to
                a -- dore him;
                You be -- hold
                him face to face;
                Sun and moon,
                bow down be -- fore
                him, dwell -- ers all in
                time and space: Al --
                el -- lu -- ia!
                Al -- el -- lu -- ia!
                Praise with us the
                God of grace. _
                _ }
\score {
        \relative <<
                \context Staff = cStaffAA <<
                        \context Voice = cStaffAA \StaffA

                \context Lyrics = cStaffAA { }
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAB { }
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAC { }
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAD { }

                \set Score.skipBars = ##t
                \set Score.melismaBusyProperties = #'()
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAA \lyricsto cStaffAA
\StaffATextA
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAB \lyricsto cStaffAA
\StaffATextB
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAC \lyricsto cStaffAA
\StaffATextC
                \context Lyrics = cStaffAD \lyricsto cStaffAA
\StaffATextD

        \midi {