title on a separate page

From: Susan Dittmar
Subject: title on a separate page
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:55:13 +0200

Hello folks,

I am very sorry in case this is a FAQ. I am quite new to lilypond and
maybe did not search the right places.

I would like to have lilypond generate the title on a page of its own. I
tried with

\paper{
        %...
        paper-height = 7.425\cm
        after-title-space = 7.425\cm
        %...
}

but lilypond decided that at least one line of music needs to be on the
first page. A sensible decision normally, but not what I want...

In fact, what I try to archieve is the output of one line of notes per
page (thus the small paper-height), and the page reduced to a size that is
just big enough.  I tried to use pdfcrop to set the paper sizes
appropriately, and it works quite well but for the first page. So my plan
was to introduce a first page that can savely be disregarded.

Does anyone here know how to solve my problem? In case that matters, I run
lilypond on a SuSE 11.1.

Thanks in advance,

        Susan