Re: Ancient tablatures

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Ancient tablatures
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 13:25:12 -0400

    Trevor> Fronimo uses its own custom fonts for this style.
    Trevor> They are licensed with the phrase:

    Trevor> "The fonts coming with Fronimo are given for
    Trevor> free, but  their  use  is restricted to non
    Trevor> commercial purposes for unregistered users."

    Trevor> So they would not be available for use in LP
    Trevor> under our current license, which permits
    Trevor> commercial use.

Someone should look at the fonts in abctab2ps,
<http://www.lautengesellschaft.de/cdmm/>, which I would expect to be
licensed under a free license, and to include most of what lilypond
would need.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I figure what I can't play in tune, I can always smother in
agréments!

Roland Hutchinson, on rec.music.early