RE: Can't get started-no matter how hard I try

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Can't get started-no matter how hard I try
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:08:11 +0000

> Amusingly, the "command-line" tutorial has the most clear
> instructions. :)
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

LOL

Usually I would guess a CL tutorial wou;d be clearer is because to get to the point of wanting to do that sort of thing you aleady "get it"?  When I needed to lear that stuff it was to build my editor...and I was already well on my way.

It's somewhat a "chicken and the egg" question:  When one already has had eggs for breakfast ans a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, you can be considered a "farmer".  For someone still in the "chicken/egg" stages the vital steps for getting the chickens and eggs to our tables are still going to be unlear...

Maybe a single chapter is needed with the one line  - you don't "open" LP on Windows - repeated over and over?  Seems this issue has always been with LP even back in the stone age version I stil use (2.6.5)!