Re: Vertical spacing

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:28:57 +0200

For any vertical spacing problem, please use 2.12 instead; Joe Neeman
has been responsible of a rework of vertical spacing, but he is too
much occupied these days, we all are.  See below

2009/8/4 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> The interaction between the different xxx-spacing variables is a little
> complex and I need to document it properly. In this case, the problem is
> that Lyrics are unaffected by between-staff-spacing (because they are
> non-spaceable) and so your override only forces there to be one staff
> unit of padding between adjacent _staves_, which is satisfied by your
> example. Unfortunately, there is not yet any way to control the spacing
> between Lyrics and the staff below it, which is where you really want
> the extra padding AFAICT.

Joe: is this already documented? Hot to control spacing from a lyrics
line and the staff below it?  Simple lyrics seem to almost collide.

<< \new Staff { a } \addlyrics { pain }
\new Staff { f' }

%%%%%%%%

Joe: I hate to bug you again, but several users are asking vertical
spacing to have usable defaults and a documentation.  Just give us a
hint about when do you think this feature will be finished. Thank you!
In the meantime I recommend users to stay on 2.12

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org