Re: title on a separate page

From: Susan Dittmar
Subject: Re: title on a separate page
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:53:25 +0200

Quoting Xavier Scheuer (address@hidden):
> > I would like to have lilypond generate the title on a page of its own.
>
> Isn't that the purpose of the "breakbefore" property inside \header block?
> (This is a true question, apparently it seems to do nothing with me...)

If so, I misunderstood "breakbefore" -- I thought it forces a new page
*before the title* if that's not the beginning of the document.

> By the way there is also Nicolas' nice ready-to-use "stylesheet" that
> creates a nice title page.
> Please see : http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=368

Thanks! As the title page's contents does not matter to me at all, I don't
think this answers my original question, but as I like what I saw up to now
of lilypond, there will be other projects soon...

Btw, my original problem could be solved using the -dbackend=eps command
line switch of lilypond. All I needed was typesetting music on small sheets
and removing all unnecessary whitespace around the individual pages.

        Susan