Re: position text markup relative to barline

From: Daniel McBrearty
Subject: Re: position text markup relative to barline
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:43:12 +0200

thanks James. I tried it, for some reason it works in one place not another ...

melody = \relative c' {
  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
  { \melodyintro
    \repeat volta 2 {\melodychorus
                     \mark \markup "Fine" % this Fine indeed works "Fine"
    \alternative {{\melodyvone}
                 {\melodyvtwo}}
 \mark \markup "D.S. Al Fine" % this doesn't show ??? maybe pushed off
edge of page ???
 \bar "|."

Must be  a silly reason, I searched for a manual entry on \mark
\markup ... but could not find?

thanks again

Daniel