Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:59:46 +0100

Francisco Vila wrote Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:12 PM

2009/10/11 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
You don't need to uninstall; rename works
fine if you want to keep the previous around.

I didn't know that the installer could be fooled that easy. I rather remember the opposite: the installer refusing to cooperate even after
having uninstalled a previous version.

I've never had a problem after renaming (or
deleting) the LilyPond directory.  It's also
a lot faster than uninstall.  Of course if
you've modified or added files you have to be
careful if you want to keep them.

If everything is based on the existence of a given directory, then all
is clear.  I believed that the registry had something to do.

The only entries in the registry are the location
of lilypond.exe and the downloaded install files
(if you have saved them).  So as long as the name
of the directory remains the same the old registry
entry works fine.  Actually I don't think uninstall
removes anything from the registry anyway (but I
haven't tested this and I may be wrong).

Trevor