Re: vertical spacing problems with Lyrics

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: vertical spacing problems with Lyrics
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:40:32 -0700

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 10:30 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a fix yet for the problem [2.13.4-1] that between-system-
> padding etc. doesn't work with Lyrics (because they're nonspaceable)?
> It's killing me with the lead sheets I'm trying to put out.   =(

between-system-padding doesn't work for anything any more; it has been
removed. For Lyrics spacing, you have (for spacing within a system)
Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-spacing %% spacing to the staff that
the lyrics is attached to
Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'inter-loose-line-spacing %% spacing between
lyrics lines
Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'non-affinity-spacing %% spacing to the staff
that the lyrics isn't attached to

you also have
\paper {
  between-system-spacing = #'((space . foo) (padding . bar)
(minimum-distance . baz))
}
for spacing between systems.

If you find good settings for any of these values, please let me know so
that I can improve the defaults.

Cheers,
Joe