Re: Guitar Tablature Produces Empty Midi File

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Guitar Tablature Produces Empty Midi File
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:15:11 +0200

Federico Bruni wrote:
oldwhtman wrote:
Using Lilypond 2.12.2, I'm trying to create midi output from guitar tablature notation and I get an 'empty' midi file. The manual fails to specify that the \midi { } block needs to be at the end of the \score { } block. But I figured that out. Anyway, what is the 'trick' to getting a midi file with
midi data in it?  An old post seemed to suggest that you had to create a
duplicate score block without a \layout block in it.  But I don't have a
\layout block within my \score block. The \layout is specified before the
\score block.  Please help.

Hi,

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/MIDI-block#index-MIDI-block
Don't forget to first read the Learning Manual. For example, http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Introduction-to-the-LilyPond-file-structure#Introduction-to-the-LilyPond-file-structure
may be useful.

If you cannot figure it out, please prepare a short example .ly file that illustrates your problem, and send it to the mailing list. Then it's much easier to provide relevant feedback.

   /Mats