Re: cadenza at beginning of song

From: chip
Subject: Re: cadenza at beginning of song
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:32:07 -0700

got it to work, now one more issue that I haven't found the answer to in the docs - I cannot get the empy measure's wider than the default (whatever that may be). I can add all the spacer notes I want, but the measure never gets any wider. What do I have to do to make an empty measure wider? Where did I miss this in the docs?
Thanks,
Chip

Got it to work like this -

TrumpetOne = %\transpose d e
    \relative c'' {
    \global
    \cadenzaOn
    s1*10^"Alto Cadenza" s2. \bar "||"
    \cadenzaOff
f8 e r4 r8 cs f e
f e r4 r f8 e
e2 d
b16 as b cs d cs d e f2
e8 d r4 r8 d e d
e d r e f4 e
c2 cs
d b

Alto = %\transpose d b
    \relative c'' {
    \global
    \cadenzaOn
    c16^"Alto Cadenza" d ef f g2. bf4 af g2. f16[ ef d f] d ef
    c2 d8 bf16 c g1 c16 d ef f g2 c8 b
    a16 g \times 4/5 { f16[ e d c d] } e2 b c1~ c1  \bar "||"
    \cadenzaOff
a8 g r4 r8 f a g
a g r4 r a8 g
g2 f