Figured Bass - Alignment

From: grisu_76
Subject: Figured Bass - Alignment
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Lilyponders,

as ist was discussed in the group earlier, one can alter the size of
accidentals in figuredbass-mode with a bit of a "hack" changing the
translation-functions.scm:

(alt (ly:event-property event 'alteration))
         (alt-markup
          (if (number? alt)
              (markup
               #:general-align Y DOWN #:fontsize
               (if (not (= alt DOUBLE-SHARP))
                   0 0)                                              %******
this was
default -2 -2;
               (alteration->text-accidental-markup alt))

now I've got the problem that the flat-sign changes the Y-position of the
numbers; I suppose that is beause the flat-sign uses more space above; see
example:

\include "deutsch.ly"

<<
\new Staff{
        \clef "bass"
        \relative c{
                b8-. \fz b' b b b,-. \fz b' b b
                 es, \p es es es es es es es
}       }

        \new FiguredBass {
                \figuremode{
                \bassFigureStaffAlignmentDown

                \bassFigureExtendersOn
                \repeat unfold 8 {<7>}
                 <8 3> <8 3> <8 3> <5! 3\!> <6 4> <6 4> <5- 3> <_>

does anyone has an idea to change the translation-functions.scm to lower
only the flat-sign when it has a number?

by the way: after a while of playing with that, I wounder if the second
parameter has no? effect on the fontsize..?

cheers, Christian