Re: indent-ly

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: indent-ly
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:22:50 +0200

The default for lilypond files is two-space indents.

Is that official and written in the docs, or just common practice ?
Lilypond itself does not write lilypond files, it just reads them. So it does not have a default indentation.

I have tried different tools ( frescobaldi, lilypondtool, nted, noteedit, mscore, canorus, rosegarden, vim ) and they don't seem to agree when it comes to indenting style.
I agree. LilyPondTool relies on jEdit in this sense. JEdit doesn't provide advanced indentation by its own, and actually leaves it to the user the set up indent level, TAB vs Space etc. Though simple indentation can be done with Ctrl-I.

Bert