Re: Transpose for pattern sheets

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Transpose for pattern sheets
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:01:57 +0200

2009/10/21 Peter Berlau <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I have done writing done some patterns of my favorite sax players and
> like to transpose this patterns to any key.
>
> I found a solution but I am not sure if this is a elegant method, also
> maybe it is more useful to make use of the enharmonics to make the
> sheet more readable. Is there any (much) better soulution?

Well, yo're already using enharmonics, dis/es etc.

A more elegant way would be to define arrange = {
<<   \new ChordNames {
                        \set chordChanges = ##t
                        \Harmonien }
    \new Staff{         \Pattern }

}

and then

\score {

{
{ \arrange }
{ \transpose c des \arrange }
{ \transpose c d \arrange }
etc

Then choose a better \transpose c ges instead of \transpose c fis (for
example) if you think this gives simpler accidentals.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org