Re: Figured Bass - Alignment

From: grisu_76
Subject: Re: Figured Bass - Alignment
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 05:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

Neil, it works wunderfully, the problem is gone! - Thanks!

for illustration, I made some output to show the differences:

_default: as it is programmed in 2.12

_fontsize_0: with the changed font-size in the translation-functions

_definition_changed: with you suggestion to solve the alignment-problem;

one would be great to be changed as well:
if one uses the accidental solely (i.e. as a "number"), the y-position is
different; is there a way to handle accidental eqal to the numbers if they
are used solely?

best regards, Christian

Neil Puttock wrote:

> 2009/10/19 grisu_76 <address@hidden>:
>
>> now I've got the problem that the flat-sign changes the Y-position of the
>> numbers; I suppose that is beause the flat-sign uses more space above;
>> see
>> example:
>
> I think you mean the natural sign: it's taller than the flat, so it
> sticks out at the top when combined with larger font sizes.
>
>> does anyone has an idea to change the translation-functions.scm to lower
>> only the flat-sign when it has a number?
>
> As a quick hack (untested; might have other side-effects in real-world
> examples), you could reduce the Y-extent of the accidental markup.
>
> Add this to define-markup-commands.scm:
>
> (define-builtin-markup-command (with-y-dim layout props y arg)
>   (number-pair? markup?)
>   other
>   ()
>   "Set the vertical extent of @var{arg} to @var{y} and use the
> default extent horizontally."
>   (let* ((m (interpret-markup layout props arg))
>        (x-ext (ly:stencil-extent m X)))
>     (ly:make-stencil (ly:stencil-expr m) x-ext y)))
>
> Change this line in format-bass-figure,
>
> #:pad-x 0.2 alt-markup
>
> to this:
>
> #:pad-x 0.2 #:with-y-dim '(0 . 1.5) alt-markup
>

>> by the way: after a while of playing with that, I wounder if the second
>> parameter has no? effect on the fontsize..?
>
> If you mean the second digit (next to the parenthesis), then it's used
> to set the fontsize of double sharps.
>
> Regards,
> Neil

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25991353/test_fig_bass_default.pdf