placing text next to a note head

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: placing text next to a note head
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:34:03 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to place some text next to a note head and I can't
make it work.  I am trying to place a right comma just to the
right and a little above a note.  I have tried many variations
on this:

c4 -\tweak #'X-offset #2.56 -\tweak #'Y-offset #-2.0 ^\markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.rcomma" }

The note is the C on the center line of the staff in alto
clef.  This successfully moves the rcomma to the right of the
note head but I can't seem to get the rcomma to come down from
above the staff, no matter what I use for the Y-offset.  I
seem to remember that there is something I need to override to
allow markup to show up inside the staff but I can't track it
down.  I am using lilypond 2.13.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kim