Re: website so close, and yet so far

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website so close, and yet so far
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:36:15 +0100

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:20:59AM -0500, Tim McNamara wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed with the user community.
>
> Well, since you reject the majority of what is sent to you, it probably
> discourages people from trying to contribute.

I asked a few people who sent examples to add a few tweaks.  Is
that what you were talking about?  I really don't see 10 minutes
of lilypond-file writing as a big chore.  A few other examples
didn't fit into our single examples page, so yes, those were
rejected.

I can't recall rejecting any text additions.  In fact, I added
some contributed text whose accuracy I doubted (the Windows
installation steps) simply to be encouraging!  Compared to the
amount of scrutiny that code patches get, I'm very accepting.

- Graham