Re: Bar number after line break with time signature change

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Bar number after line break with time signature change
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:09:10 +0000

2009/10/23 Frank Steinmetzger <address@hidden>:
> Hi there,

> I've entered a Distler piece with lots of different time signatures. Now that
> I'm finished and doublechecked with the original, I was about to commit it to
> my choir, when I noticed that there were no visible bar numbers.

I'm guessing you've moved the Timing_translator to the Staff context
so you can have independent time signatures.  If so, you won't get any
bar numbers unless you also move the Bar_number_engraver, since it
can't see the context properties which the Timing_translator maintains
(e.g., currentBarNumber and measurePosition).

\score {
  \relative c' <<
    \new Staff \with { \consists "Bar_number_engraver" } {
      c4 d e f \break
      g4 a b c
    }
    \new Staff {