Re: problem with accidental / accidental-style

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: problem with accidental / accidental-style
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:51:44 +0100

Hello list, hello Mats,

I wrote:
> It is very difficult for me to understand them all (and this is the
> reason for my late reply), but meanwhile I'm really not sure if You are
> right with what You wrote:
>
> > All the predefined accidental styles just do a number of property
> > settings and the underlying algorithms in LilyPond can easily give you
> > what you want, if you just can figure out how to do the settings.

Well, it was hard work, but now I can say:
I was wrong here, and You was right! :-)

With a little bit luck I've found a solution now, as You can see in the
both attached complete example-ly-files:
    The first one shows the solution itself (which is working also for
    the big score),
    and the second one shows (in short form) the way I found the
    solution.

The following setting was it, which brought me near to the solution,
because it shows all accidental which I want to see, but partially WITH
parenthesizes, which I don't want to see:
      %=======================================================================
      #(set-accidental-style 'modern-voice-cautionary 'Score)
      \set GrandStaff.autoAccidentals = #`(GrandStaff
                                     ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 1)
                                     ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave 1))
      %=======================================================================

The question was, how to get rid of (is this correct english?) the
parenthesizes?
With luck I found the following mixture between Your proposed solution
and further stuff from accidental-function.scm. This is the setting
which shows the wanted result.
      %=======================================================================
      \set GrandStaff.autoAccidentals = #`(Voice ,(make-accidental-rule
'same-octave 0))
      \set GrandStaff.autoAccidentals = #`(Voice ,(make-accidental-rule
'any-octave 0)
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave
1)
                                      Staff
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave
0)
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 0)
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave
1)
                                      GrandStaff
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 1)
                                           ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave
1))
      %=======================================================================

> Maybe in a few days I'll write again under a new thread to show more
> precisely what I'm missing.

Now, that I found the solution, it doesn't need a new thread, but the
only thing I'm missing now is an answer to the following two questions:

    1. Why do the codes from above not give the same (wanted) result?
       (Neither if the word "Score" in the first line of the first code
       is replaced with "GrandStaff"?)

    2. Why are the parenthesizes not shown, if I take the (for the
       ly-file modified) lines from accidental-function.scm?

Again many thanks and
Best Regards           Roland