Re: Lilypond and Wordpress

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Wordpress
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:04:16 -0700 (PDT)

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:39:52 -0400
> From: Laura Conrad <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Lilypond and Wordpress
> To: Jonathan Wilkes <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden

> writes:
>
>     Jonathan>      Does anyone
> have some experience using
>     Jonathan> lilypond-book together with
> wordpress?  I'd like to make
>     Jonathan> a blog entry in html, then run
> lilypond-book on it and
>     Jonathan> upload it to the webserver as a
> blog entry.  But I'm
>     Jonathan> having to change all the image
> links to fit the
>     Jonathan> wordpress directory
> structure.
>
> Why is that? My wordpress blog has lots of links to images
> outside of
> the wordpress directory structure.

I guess what I was thinking was the following:
1. Make a blog entry all in one go in html.
2. Run lilypond-book on it.
3. Upload the folder with the images and ly files in it to the webserver.
4. Copy and paste my html into a new blog entry in wordpress.
5. Done.

The problem I'm having is that when I run lilypond-book, it makes a
relative link for images, and it seems like on the web server I need to
give a full url for images; currently I can't get them to display with
the relative links.

> I haven't been doing a lot of it, and when I do it's
> generally to
> things I've already published outside of the wordpress
> blog.  But
> getting the lilypond into a .png isn't a problem.  I
> have a tool I
> wrote to put an image into the wordpress media library, so
> I just say
> "addmedia.py <filename>" and it tells me the link to
> use to reference
> it.
>
> I also do all my blog writing in html (using emacs psgml
> mode), and
> use the "raw html" plugin to have wordpress render them.
>
> I posted addmedia.py to my blog at
> <http://serpentpublications.org/laymusic/?p=1353>.

Thanks Laura, I'll check this out.

-Jonathan