Re: Instrument name on second page

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Instrument name on second page
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:34:54 +0100

Hello Stan,

David already wrote about 'instrument'.
I thought this might be interesting.
I often use a paper block like this:
%-----------------------------------------------------------
date = #(strftime "%d.%m.%Y" (localtime (current-time)))

\paper {
% ... more paper defs ...
        oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
                \fill-line {
                        \fontsize #-3 {
\concat { #(ly:export (string-append "LilyPond-" (lilypond-version))) " / " \date } \fromproperty #'header:composer \bold \fromproperty #'header:title \fromproperty #'header:instrument
                        }
                        \bold \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
                }
        evenFooterMarkup = \markup {
                \fill-line {
                        \bold \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
                        \fontsize #-3 {
\bold \fromproperty #'header:title \fromproperty #'header:instrument \fromproperty #'header:composer \concat { \date " / " #(ly:export (string-append "LilyPond-" (lilypond-version))) }

This way I have the date of compiling, the title, the composer and the instrument in the footer next to the page number. If my pages get messed up, there is a chance to reorder them.

Greetings,
Jan-Peter.

Stan Mulder schrieb:
I understand that the instrument name will appear on the header of all pages by
default. I can't seem to get it to display on any page. I especially want the
song name and instrument name to appear on all pages in case the second page
gets lost in the shuffle.