Which markup for text paragraphs containing fragments of music?

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: Which markup for text paragraphs containing fragments of music?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

Please forgive this beginner question. Could you please tell me which markup
to use if I want to print longer text paragraph which would correctly wrap
along page margins? And not even that, but which would correctly flow onto a
second page if a bottom margin of the first page is reached? And still other
requirements are: the use of short inline fragments of music should be
possible within such a paragraph of a text and also the basic text
formatting (bold, italics) should be possible within the paragraph.
I tried several solutions, but either there is only one long line of text
which continues after the end of the page to infinity, or formatting cannot
be used within, shortly, I was not successfull in finding suitable markup
for this.