Re: Controlling MIDI output and chords

From: Chris Angelico
Subject: Re: Controlling MIDI output and chords
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:58:06 +1000

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM, James E. Bailey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> You'll probably want to create two \score blocks, one for layout, with the
> chords, and one for MIDI, without the chords.
> James E. Bailey

Ahh. Is there an easy way to macrofy that? My file currently looks like this:

\version "2.10.33"
\include "english.ly"

\score {
    <<
        \new ChordNames {
... chomp ...
        }
        \new Staff <<
            \new Voice = "sops" \relative f' {
... chomp ...
            }
            \new Voice = "alto" \relative f' {
... chomp ...
            }
            \addlyrics {
... chomp ...
            }

        \new Staff <<
            \new Voice = "tenor" \relative c' {
... chomp ...
            }
            \new Voice = "bass" \relative c' {
... chomp ...
            }

    \layout { }
    \midi { }
}

I'd rather not duplicate content or structure if I can. Can I make a
macro out of the entire two-staff system, or do I have to create a
variable for each Voice and build up two entire copies of the
structure?

ChrisA