Re: Inline score inside markup - bugs in music alignment

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: Re: Inline score inside markup - bugs in music alignment
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

I was complaining about the music alignment within a markup text line.

Jiri Zurek (Prague) wrote:

> 2) if the staff spans over several lines (longer music), then only the
> first line of the music is shown and the rest is ignored! How can this be
> corrected? Or is it a genuine bug in LilyPond?

After doing some more research on the topic, I discovered that it is really
a limitation of Lilypond that it ignores all the systems of the music except
the first one when score is inside the markup block. However, an able scheme
programmer should be able to implement it easily, as
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg44780.html Mats
Bengtson pointed out a time ago . So, I am now looking for an able scheme
coder to help me.

Jiri Zurek (Prague) wrote:

> When \score is placed inside \markuplines block, there are 3 problems:
> 1) music is not exactly inline (even if resized to fit the height of the
> text line) but its baseline is always a

In
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/45732/focus=45779
this thread,  a scheme function is shown which (perhaps as a side effect)
aligns correctly the staff within the text line! Very beautiful, but again,
all the lines of music except the first one are ignored. Is there a way out
of this limitation?