Re: bracket and staff names

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: bracket and staff names
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:59:50 +0100

Erik Appeldoorn wrote:

I have a snipped of code that doesn’t quite come out is expected / wanted. The score is a choir SATB with organ (two staffs)

I would like the normal bracket to be in front of the SATB staffs. It now extends to the last staf.

Yes, since you include all the staves within the ChoirStaff. I think you rather want to follow the structure used in the Learning Manual template SATB + piano:
\score{
<<
\new ChoirStaff <<
% Here comes the two staves for the SATB ...

\new PianoStaff <<
% Here comes the two staves for the organ

}

I would recommend to use indentation as I did above and as is done in the examples in the manual, to make it easier to see the overall hierarchical structure of the score.

/Mats

2^nd I’m missing the names of the voices before the staves although I use the \set Staff.instrumentName.

Any other hints also very welcome.

\score {

\new ChoirStaff

<<