Re: website so close, and yet so far

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website so close, and yet so far
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:14:20 +0000

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:59:39PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> 2) look up the manual, which takes a few seconds, since a) their title is not
> bold, b) the same size as the other text and c) it is written in green, which
> makes even less contrast than the black text on the green background.
> Furthermore, there is so much other visual clutter on the page that looking
> for a manual name takes much longer now.

I actually think there's less visual clutter; there are 4
sections, and each section has a list of
  NAME: explanatory text
rather than having filesizes, multiple formats, etc.

I agree that the text link color, size, etc. could be improved,
but that's a CSS issue so I'm not touching it.

> The page is good for first-time users, but for anyone working
> with lilypond for a few weeks already, things got more
> complicated...

Agreed.  What do you think of the All.html page now?
- I mirrored the format of the main doc page, so that users can
  find the manuals with the same layout as the page.
- the manual names take you directly to that manual.

Cheers,
- Graham