Re: textspan

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: textspan
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 07:15:42 -0500

Hi Frédéric,

It is funny. I was quite sure to have the solution but I do not
understand why what I propose does not work: you have to separate
notes and TextSpan in parallel music expressions.
Can somebody tell why this does not work?

Because your construct doesn't have two Voice constructs, only two expressions in the same Voice.

Instead, try

tsRal = \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "Ral."

\new Score <<
  \new Staff \relative c' { \time 3/4
<< { d2 d4 | cis a2 } \new Voice { \tsRal s2.\startTextSpan s2 s8 s8\stopTextSpan } >>
  }
  \new Staff \relative c' { \time 3/4
<< { \repeat unfold 12 d8 } \new Voice { \tsRal s2. \startTextSpan s2 s8 s8\stopTextSpan } >>
  }

Hope this helps!
Kieren.