where goes \midi {}

From: yota
Subject: where goes \midi {}
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 12:05:33 -0800 (PST)

hello everybody,

I read the manual thoroughly (twice) and yet.
To do it beautifully I used \new Score, Staff, Voice stuffs, the problem
came with \with :) , the corollary was I could not found any example fitting
my case.
So I tried to put \midi{} it everywhere.... and failed

here is the file...

please mark an 'X' where I could insert my \midi {} to get the expected
result :)

Thank you m(_ _)m

\version "2.13.0"
\include "italiano.ly"

\include ".parts/_global.ly"
\include ".style/conductor.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
#(set-default-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)

partHornI = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameHornI
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameHornI
        \voiceHornI
}

partHornII = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameHornII
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameHornII
        \voiceHornII
}

partFluteI = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameFluteI
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameFluteI
        \voiceFluteI
}

partFluteII = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameFluteII
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameFluteII
        \voiceFluteII
}

partViolinI = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameViolinI
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameViolinI
        \voiceViolinI
}

partViolinII = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameViolinII
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameViolinII
        \voiceViolinII
}

partViola = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameViola
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameViola
        \voiceViola
}

partCello = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameCello
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameCello
        \voiceCello
}

partDoubleBass = {
        \staffStyle
        \set Staff.instrumentName = \instrumentNameDoubleBass
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \shortInstrumentNameDoubleBass
        \voiceDoubleBass
}

\book {
        \paper { }
        \header {
                title = \title
                composer = \composer
                opus = \opus
        }
        \bookpart {
                \paper { }
                \header {
                        instrument = \instrumentNameConductor
                }
% <- here I get a *.ly::: error: need \paper for paper block
                \new Score \with {
                        \override VerticalAlignment #'max-stretch =
#ly:align-interface::calc-max-stretch
                }
                {
                        \new GrandStaff <<
                                \new StaffGroup <<
                                        \new Staff {do' re' mi' fa'}
                                        \new Staff {do' re' mi' fa'}
                                        \new Staff {do' re' mi' fa'}

                                \new PianoStaff <<
                                        \new Staff \partHornI
                                        \new Staff \with {
                                                \override VerticalAxisGroup
#'keep-fixed-while-stretching = ##t
                                        } \partHornII

                                \new PianoStaff <<
                                        \new Staff \partFluteI
                                        \new Staff \with {
                                                \override VerticalAxisGroup
#'keep-fixed-while-stretching = ##t
                                        } \partFluteII

                                \new StaffGroup <<
                                        \new Staff \partViolinI
                                        \new Staff \partViolinII
                                        \new Staff \partViola
                                        \new Staff \partCello
                                        \new Staff \partDoubleBass

% <- here I get a *.ly::: error: syntax error, unexpected \midi
                }