Re: lilypond 2.13.7 is released

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.13.7 is released
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:44:01 +0100

Forgot the list!
On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 10:52:59PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> LilyPond 2.13.7 is out.  This release theoretically works on osx
> 10.6, without breaking anything on other OSes,

Not even lines?

Those aren't breaks; they're... carriage returns.  During GLISS,
we'll rename \break to \stable, to better indicate that this is
the place to which the carriage returns.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham

One side effect of the glissing: the skidding.
Replacing \break to \stable is unstable...

I think the only new users to know that when you push the switch, first the roll advances two clicks so your sheet goes forward, and when you push it further, the carriage goes to the right so that the character on top of the next stem you will activate presses the inked ribbon in front of the left edge of the sheet. Unless it is first translate and then rolls over?
I know, I'm old enough to have used a Remington...

In my opinion, \break is a "shortcut" to \lineBreak, since we also have \pageBreak and \pageTurn.

My 0.2 cents

Jean-Charles