chordSymbols, arbitrary chord markup

From: VáclavŠmilauer
Subject: chordSymbols, arbitrary chord markup
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:51:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I use \chordSymbols hack (http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=608) in my jazz
charts and although, it works quite well in normal cases, it has some
limitations: you can't write "C phryg" or combination of 6,7,9,11,13 not in the
font etc. I read threads on jazz chords on this list as well
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/49607 and others).

I would like to ask if there is a way to write arbirary markup for chords (even
as lyrics, i.e. they wouldn't be transposable), other than using \markup{...} in
lyrics context for every single chord -- some helper macros perhaps?

In the longer term, I am considering sponsoring development of non-interpreted
transposable chord symbols context, as discussed earlier on the list; it seems
that any sponsorship pages have been removed since a few year... ?

Regards, Václav