Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:32:11 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 07:12:44PM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
> Other than kidnap + torture, of course.  I might vote for this,
> but it strikes me that it might cause long-term problems...

Addendum: I don't know the details that you want, so torturing me
won't help.

I'd *like* to know those details.  I'd *like* to be working on the
collisions, defects, and making a dent in the 300+ known issues.
But recently I've been spending all my time on the basic
infrastructure (like GUB).

Why do I think I'm so shrill about finding people to do grunt work
on the new website?  Because we don't need me to edit bloody .texi
files.  People in GDP did that after 1 hour of reading the CG.  If
we had more people taking over the mundane easy jobs, that would
give me more time to investigate the medium iffy jobs.  And after
a few weeks of those mundane easy jobs, the helpers could tackle
the medium iffy jobs, and I could do the horrendously complicated
jobs.  I would *love* to do things like making lilypond take
advantage of multiple CPUs!

Or, you know, I could keep on plugging away at the easy jobs, and
everything else can be dumped in the issue tracker to be ignored
for years.

- Graham