Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:09:50 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 03:01:33PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Step 3: Click on "Documentation for LilyPond 2.13 (latest development)"
> [since you're going to be helping with development, this is the logical
> choice].
>   Location: <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/>

>> Not the general manuals, not the web page, not in the FAQ,
>> not in the learning manual, not even in the Wiki AFAICS.
>> [...] Where or what is "the CG"?
>
> What else could have been done to make the CG more available/obvious?

In David's defense (not that I _want_ to be doing this), the "more
available/obvious" choice would be to make the new website the
main one.

Currently, that's waiting on:
- 2-5 hours of texinfo file editing.
- 5-15 hours of technical build system + server work
- *maybe* a few weeks of time for the translators to catch up,
  although at the moment I'm not feeling patient.

I'm not asking anybody else to touch the build system or the web
server.  But I'm not going to make those a priority until the
.texi file editing is done.

Cheers,
- Graham