Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:17:58 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 04:05:59PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>> The first thing that comes to mind is Alternate input.
>> Documentation/general/introduction.texi
>> @node Alternate input
>
> I have to mao-ing learn TEXI now?
> So much for your "2-5 hours" estimate...

I stand by my "2-5 hours of editing texi", but I forgot to add
that this was "assuming the worker is familiar with git, texinfo,
etc".

> Still-doing-it-but-thinking-there's-almost-definitely-a-better-way,

In the case of that page... just look at Denemo and the current
Frescobaldi.

- Denemo shows you how the "top boxes" work.  Don't use any other
  formatting; just copy what's there, and change the text and
  links to images accordingly.
- the current Frescobaldi shows how the "bottom list" works... or
  at least, how I imagine it would work the best.  Make a note of
  how that format works (or maybe duplicate it once or twice),
  then make Frescobaldi into a thing like the current Denemo.  And
  move it higher on the page.

The idea behind the website is that it's just like the other docs;
once somebody is accustomed to working on the lilypond docs, they
can easily work on the html+pdf+info that is "general lilypond
information".  Besides, texinfo is easier than html.

Really, seriously.  Don't look at any texinfo tutorials or
manuals... I don't even recommend looking at the extensive
texinfo-related stuff in the Contributor Guide.  Just follow the
examples already in the file.

Cheers,
- Graham