Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:41:49 +0100

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>
> I appreciate your persistence in this.  I think that you are having part of
> the difficulty in this conversation because it's on -user, not on -devel.
>
> The modifications to anything except input files (which use lilypond code
> and embedded scheme) really involve knowledge that's primarily discussed on
> -devel.

Certainly.  This thread started by a user throwing in the towel, on the
user list, explaining his reasons for doing so.  This was followed by
several comments that questioned his commitment in getting to learn
Lilypond.  As it is my impression that this in several respects was
doing the original poster injustice as well as pasting over existing
deficiencies in how Lilypond keeps up with what it is advertised for, I
wanted to pitch in with my personal take.

_Addressing_ the actual problems is definitely more suitably done on the
developer list.

--
David Kastrup