Re: developers developers developers

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: developers developers developers
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:40:37 +0100

I feel a very big obstacle for fixing bugs: the lack of modern tools for developing LilyPond.

For example in the CG there are many advices about Emacs, which according to the opinion of the 94% of the expert (really expert!) software developers I know (there are quite many of them) has been a piece of useless crap relative to Eclipse or Netbeans for at least 7 years now.

Perhaps even the development platform should be changed here and there to make sure there are good tools to use.

Bert