Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:00:14 +0000

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 02:50:08PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Put another way, the difficulty of setting up a
> > development system on anything but Linux is a significant obstacle to
> > Lilypond's potential.
>
> It would surprise me if you could find many developers that want
> to volunteer their time working on free software, yet continue
> to do so using [and paying $$$$ for] a rigid, proprietary system
> and developer tools?

Jan, I love you dearly, but... don't be an idiot.

Are you /seriously/ doubting the enormous effort and time that
Trevor Daniels has put into the docs?  And even some bugfixes?
Are you /seriously/ doubting the enormous effort and time that
Mark Polesky put into all the bugfixes and misc stuff he worked
on?

Out of the top four "new contributors" from the past year, windows
users occupy two of the places.

Cheers,
- Graham