Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:58:15 +0100

Hello Kieren, hello David, hello out there,

I followed this conversation a little bit. Well I have been a quite good C++ coder, but that was about 10 years ago. Right now I am one of those million java developers. For my Job I had to turn to Java, wich I didn't really love. With Java5 it got a lot better. But thats not my point now ;) Nowadays I have to feed my family, so my afforts to get back into music business are very careful ... I came over Lilypond last May, when I had too get some chants in the paper (how do you call it?) of my cousins wedding. I first tried to copy them from the book. But there were ugly black margins, then I started to typeset in Logic Pro, wich I used and liked a long time for music production, but then I found this very pretty piece Lilypond. It took me half an hour to typeset those 4 chants on my Ubuntu machine. From those days on I used it a lot of times to get choral scores more readable, to transpose pieces and, most important, to typeset my own and my familys compositions. Now I am really passionate in talking about Lily. It feels so good, when there is such a nice Score to view after typing a few characters.

So my question would be, is there a guide to the sources? Are there key principals in the architecture? If there is a chance to get into this next to my job, I would really like to give Lily somthing!

Regards,
Jan-Peter.